Thursday 6 March 2014

Welcome to my blog!

Hello and welcome. I'm Tom and I am currently a Master's student in Applied Social Research at Stirling University. I use quantitative methods and secondary survey data to investigate social and political issues.

My background is in Political studies specifically electoral systems, party systems and political theory. I also do statistical work on a verity of social and economic data sets such as the British Household Panel Survey, the British Social Attitudes Survey, and the World Values Survey.

I am hoping to start a PhD in Politics using qunatatative methods in 2015.

I started this blog to post do-files and information on statistical projects as I complete them which will provide my research with transparency an accessibility. Most of this information would usually be found in an appendix but I am hoping to start attracting contracted quantitative analysis work where a large appendix is less appropriate but access to procedural files is still required ethically.

No comments:

Post a Comment